S.S. L. J. Vicat
The S.S. L. J. Vicat was built by McCloskey and Company in Tampa, Florida and launched on January 30, 1944. For awhile was operated by the Lykes Brothers Company and later used as an Army store ship. In 1948, the ship was finally purchased by the Powell River Company and used as part of their breakwater.
The S.S. L. J. Vicat is still afloat as part of a breakwater in Powell River in British Columbia, Canada.
Click on aphoto for a larger image
(Courtesy of John Campbell)
Gross Weight: 4,690 Tons
Net Weight: 2,738 Tons
Dimensions: 102.53 meters x 16.45 m x 10.66 m
Engine: T.3-cyl, Prescott Mehy Co.