S.S. Thaddeus Merriman
TheS.S. Thaddeus Merriman was built by McCloskey and Company in Tampa, Florida and launched on September 24, 1944. She was used as a store ship in the South Pacific.
In 1950, the ship was finally purchased by the Powell River Company and used as part of their breakwater.
The S.S. Thaddeus Merriman is still afloat as part of a breakwater on the Powell River in British Columbia, Canada.
Click on the photos for a larger image
(Courtesy of John Campbell)
Gross Weight: 4,690 Tons
Net Weight: 2,738 Tons
Dimensions: 102.53 meters x 16.45 m x 10.66 m
Engine: T.3-cyl, Prescott Mehy Co.