S.S. P. M. Anderson
The S.S. P. M. Anderson was built by McCloskey and Company in Tampa, Florida and launched in May of 1944. She was laid up after being used for only one trip from Manila to San Fransisco.
In 1956, the ship was finally purchased by the Powell River Company and used as part of their breakwater.
The S. S. Anderson is still afloat as part of a breakwater on the Powell River in British Columbia, Canada.
Click on the photo for a larger image
(Courtesy of John Campbell)
Gross Weight: 4,690 Tons
Net Weight: 2,738 Tons
Dimensions: 102.53 meters x 16.45 m x 10.66 m
Engine: T.3-cyl, Prescott Mehy Co.